City Life: Essay on the advantages and disadvantage
A city enjoys a position of pride for its rich amenities which are necessary for the modern way of life. City life has its own glamour which attracts people from underdeveloped areas.
City life always lures the people of all classes for its comforts and for its cultural, economic, and commercial facilities.
The advantages city life are mentioned below in points.
- A city has metalled roads with bus or train services for easy travelling.
- It supplies potable water through a network of pipelines and electricity to its residents.
- There is a sewerage system of drainage of waste water.
- There is an authority to look to the sanitation.
- There is normally a health centre with qualified doctors to attend to the ailing people.
- There are educational and possibly vocational institutions with facilities for use of the library.
- A city is normally a commercial centre.
The disadvantages of city life are mentioned below in points.
- Because of the surge in urban population, cities are now extremely congested,
- There has been multiplicity of motorized vehicles in city roads causing lots of traffic problems,
- City life is now spoiled by pollution – air, noise and water pollution.
- Sanitation is often neglected.
- Garbage piles up on roads.
- Dirty drains becomes the breeding grounds of mosquitoes.
Conclusion: Nowadays, rural development programs have been taken up in right earnest, yet the advantages of a modern city are far greater than those of the rural areas.