Model Questions for SSC CGL TIER-1 (General Knowledge) Set –
1. Gamma rays can cause
(a) gene mutation
2. Which one of the following is NOT a function of kidney ?
(a) Regulation of blood pH
(b) Removal of metabolic wastes from the body
(c) Production of antibodies
(d) Regulation of osmotic pressures of the blood
3. Water in plants is transported by
4. Which State of India has the largest reserves of monazite, with a high
thorium content ?
5. The Indian Wild Ass (GhorKhur) is found in
(b) Assam forests
(c) The Rann of Kuchh
(d) Kaveri delta
6. Which U.S. President has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize-2002 ?
(a) John F. Kennedy
(b) William Jefferson Clinton
(c) Jimmy Carter
(d) Franklin D. Rossevelt
7. Who was the Captain of the West Indies team that was defeated by the Indian
Cricket team in 1983 to win the Prudential World Cup
(a) Viv Richards
(b) Clive Lloyd
(c) Richie Richardson
(d) Malcolm Marshall
8. Who is the author of the book “Life of Pi” ?
(a) Yann Martel
(b) Rohinton Mistry
(c) Ken Follet
(d) M.J. Akbar
9. How many months of a year, according to the Gregorian calendar, have been
named after Roman emperors ?
10. Which State in India, has given the highest number of Deputy Prime Ministers
(b) Uttar Pradesh
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (d) 4. (a) 5. (c) 6. (c) 7.
(b) 8. (a) 9. (c) 10. (d)