Persuasive Letter to Principal
Nothing can Replicate a Natures Creation, let’s save Nature in its Original Form.
Jems S. Alvero
Abc Secondary School
85/c, Exilent road,
silicon, Pune 411004
24th June 2019
Dear Mr. Alvero,
I am writing this letter on behalf of all the students of 8th and 10th class students who firmly believe that the Mango Trees growing in the premises of the school and those growing in the vacant plot should not be cut.
The reasons which we have outlined have been researched with the help of our Environment Teacher
– The Mango Trees growing here support an ecosystem of their own.
– These tresses are home to all types of animals which include some migrating birds as well. We have photographed 6 species of migratory birds and 6 local birds which nest in these trees, these have been enclosed along with the letter.
– There are about 3 mammal species, 5 reptile species and over 50 species of insects which live on and around these trees
– They are 20 years old and are in their prime. They are a historical landmark not only for the school but also for the migratory birds which nest here. Cutting these trees will reduce their homing area.
– Already we are witnessing the cutting of green areas for development and urbanization. Our efforts will set an example for others.
– They are the Lungs of our school as they provide oxygen.
– They provide shelter for us during rain and summer. We have observed that the adjoining areas are hotter as compared to the area where mango trees grow. We have recorded on video the temperature difference and it turns out that it is 4-5 degrees cooler than the adjoining area. This is because of the lush green canopy which doesn’t let the sun’s warm rays to reach the surface.
– We the students of 8th, 9th and 10th solemnly promise not to break the mangoes and not climb the trees which have resulted in accidental injuries in the past.
– We will stop students from other classes also and stop other outside students as well.
– We will also collect all the fallen leaves to make manure for the school plants.
– We have included a time table for keeping a vigil on activities which have been prohibited by the school.
– There is also a system of the award within which students with outstanding activity will be featured on the annual magazine. Details have been provided along with the attached documents.
Eagerly waiting for a positive response.
Thank you for your time.
Jaswinder Singh student of Class Xth (on behalf of 8th, 9th and 10th students)
Encl: Photographs of Migratory and Resident Birds
Signature of Students
Vigilance Time Table