Relationship between the Earth and the Moon
1. Orbital motion: The moon takes somewhat more than 27.32 days to complete its orbital motion round the earth.
2. Revolves around the sun together: The moon has its diurnal motion. Like a unit of neighbors both the earth and the moon move together round the sun.
3. Light and Heat: Like the earth it also has no light or heat of its own and receives light and heat from the sun.
4. Size: As it is much smaller than the earth, the moon exerts less gravitational force.
5. Tidal Movements: In spite of its smaller size the moon, being the nearest neighbor of the earth, is chiefly responsible for the tidal movement of seas and oceans on the earth surface.