What is Freedom? – Its Meaning and Importance
Meaning of Freedom: The simplest definition of freedom is the state of being free. Freedom is a state of mind in which one is completely free.
Freedom means not confined or restrained in any manner. One can enjoy freedom in almost all aspects. Freedom can be observed in political, social and other areas of life.
Freedom leads to happiness and liberty. This liberty and happiness can also be observed in our various fundamental rights. This includes right to freedom of expression, freedom of fundamental rights, freedom of speech, etc.
- Both society and people enjoy freedom.
- A free society is free from external control.
- There is an absence of foreign dominion.
- The people of a free society enjoy a free opportunity.
- One can use the power to act at one’ own will.
Importance of Freedom: Mentioned below are points that exhibit the importance of freedom:-
1. Happiness and Satisfaction: Freedom is directly related to a person’s happiness and satisfaction. When a person acts with freedom, he feels satisfied. He does not feel being pressurized by anything. He acts according to his will.
2. Protection of Human rights: Freedom protects the human rights. It is the born right of every human to express, speak and choose according to his wish.
3. Enhanced creativity and productivity: It is a fact that when one works with freedom, he or she gets more creative! Freedom removes any sort of constraints. Thus, the creativity and productivity of people get improved.
4. Enhanced self-esteem and better morale: Enjoying freedom helps perceive a conscious feeling of the inner self.
5. Better standard of living: Standard of living involves various things. It includes wealth, comfort, various materialistic goods, etc. Being free, a person can choose to work according to his own preference.
6. Protection of Human rights: Therefore, various countries around the world have given place to fundamental rights. Fundamental rights of any country let the people enjoy freedom in various areas.
7. Enhanced creativity and productivity: It is a fact that when one works with freedom, he or she gets more creative! Freedom removes any sort of constraints. Thus, the creativity and productivity of people get improved.
8. Enhanced self-esteem and better morale: E Freedom in speech, expression and work naturally increase the self-esteem of an individual. Hence, a person enjoying freedom gets a better morale!
9. Better standard of living: Working with a free, satisfied and happy mind leads to a bright career. This, in turn, means a bright future with a better standard of living.
So, be free and enjoy the freedom! However, always remember that freedom should be enjoyed in a justified manner!